I’ve been researching my family history since November of 2014, and since my Fotki albums are not spidered by Google, I figure I’d create a special page here where distant relatives might find me by searching on my grandparents and great-grandparents names.
My name is Derek Jensen, the son of Bill Jensen and Luella Kilian of Bremen, Indiana. I’ve built an extensive family tree at FamilySearch.org. The links below go there (requires signup, but it’s a free service).
My grandparents were:
- Ray Jensen, son of Peter Jensen and Rose Mellott of Denmark and Elkhart County, Indiana
- Ardella Senff, daughter of Ben Senff and Clara Redman of Marshall County, Indiana
- Rev. Richard Kilian, son of Ralph Kilian and Pearl Elder of Kosciusko County and Marshall County, Indiana
- Fern Landis, daughter of Edgar Landis and Alta Tavernier of Elkhart County and St Joseph County, Indiana
I’d love to connect with 2nd and 3rd cousins and fill in gaps in my family tree and share photographs. You can find my family photos on Fotki in several albums, along with family history presentations that reveal that parts of my family have been in the US since its earliest European settlements.
I’ve uncovered direct relations to people such as:
- John Mellott, Jr, who served in the Indian Wars and married half-Indian Elezebeth Sampson
- Gedeon “La Plante” Merlet, a constable and magistrate in early New York
- Robert Hutchins, a scofflaw and later lawyer and sea captain in Jamestown, Virginia
- Richard Mather, brother of the man who prosecuted Charles I in the English Civil War and father of Increase Mather, who founded Harvard University.
Click the photo album below for various albums of old family photos, documents, and slide presentations….